HTML tutorial

Do a press release for every book launch


Press release is a great way to get the word out for your new book. I suggest that every book you publish, you must do at least one press release. There are many press release sites that you can choose from. The one that I regularly use is prlog.org which is free to use. They are one of the best ones. However with prlog.org, you will need to register using a proper email address and not a free one such as gmail, hotmail or yahoo email. You will need to buy a proper email address or a domain name and set up a custom email address.

What press releases do is, distribute your news to other sites including Google News, Yahoo and Bing. But do remember, there is no guarantee that it will actually get you more sales just a bit of extra exposure.

In addition to a press release for you book, another thing you can do is send me a synopsis of your book just like Elle did with her new book. After I published that post, I tweeted and shared it on my various social media sites. The idea is simple, get the word out to as much eye-balls as you can.

So here's a press release I did for my latest book. They also give you a PDF format of the press release which you can further distribute.
I have been doing press releases for product launches be it websites, books and services. I have realised that there is more to press releases that just writing what the book is about. There are many things to consider such as wordings, catchy titles, headings that work best for the search engines, keywords, categories, images, paragraph structure and so on.

If you need help getting a press release for your book launch then you can look at some of my book promotion services. Just feel free to get in touch. Here's more of my services. Just send me an email and I can get you sorted out on your next press release.

Bookmark this site now and I will be listing a set of sites that do free press releases. I will also be publishing tips on how to get the most of these releases.