HTML tutorial

Author interview with P.S. Winn

Here’s an interview of P.S. Winn. You can find her books on her author profile here.

What languages you can speak and write?

I read and write English. I tried to learn French many years ago, but have forgotten most of the little I learned.

How many books have you written?

I have written eight books.

Can you list some of your books here?

Foretold, Voices. Obligations. Tunnels, Capernicious,BA-47,Stretched Stories and Heartfelts.

If you are using KDP and CreateSpace, did you try traditional publishing?

I use Create Space and KDP and have never tried any other type of publishing.

What is the biggest challenge you have faced when writing your book? How did you overcome it?

My biggest challenge when writing was to even try it at all. Most of my stories were in boxes in my closet. A friend and some members of my family pushed me into trying to publish and I haven't stopped since late 2012 when it all began.

How do you promote your books?

Promotion is also knew for me and mostly I use twitter and Facebook to get my books out where people can find them.

What is your favorite genre and why?

My favorite genre is hard to say because I love to read almost everything and I feel when writing I throw in a little bit of everything also. Usually listing my books under supernatural suspense.

When did you start writing? What is the purpose of your writing?

I don't know when I started writing. I know as I child I always made up stories and drew pictures to go along with them. I began writing to actually publish in 2012.

Which of your work has been published so far? Would you like to share a synopsis of your work?


My books published are:

Foretold - a group of people are drawn together when the last days predicted for centuries begins happening. This group has to deal with not only mother nature's wrath but the evil in people.

Voices - A serial killer is killing the dawn and out in a small town. Voices in the serial killer's head have to be silenced. A small town sheriff is the one to try while also dealing with his own problems.

Obligations - A near death experience takes a young man to another place and then he is sent back to deal with something evil that followed him through. He is given a new special friend to help along with a new girlfriend.

Tunnels - Tunnels is a supernatural thriller with a touch of sci-fi when a wormhole like tunnel is opened for travels to other world's and alternate realities.

Capernicious - An academy is the setting for this novel that has mystery, suspense and murder. Someone in the Academy is doing some strange experiments and people are dying. It takes a young woman and her best friend to lead the investigation and try to stop what is going on.

BA-47 - A supposed accidental explosion at what was thought to be a bio-fuel plant has killed half the workers and put the rest of a subdivision in danger, but the real cause behind the happening is more than it seems.

Stretched Stories - My first children's novel is a collection of tall tales that tell humorous and stretched explanations for questions asked by kids and adults alike.

Heartfelts - A collection of short stories and poems that are more on the tender side. They are meant to tug your heart strings and maybe pull a tear or two while also giving an uplifting message. Are you working on more books?

Are you working on more books?

I am just beginning my newest novel that is going to be a suspense thriller with a bit of the supernatural, sci-fi and spiritual. All I can say is it starts with three friends taking a cruise.

What four top most things you take care of while writing a book?

When I am writing I try to keep my characters ones the reader feels like they know. I keep a list pf characters and what they look like. I get to know them myself as I write, they do have minds of their own. I try to make sure the story flows and keeps the reader interested. I also try to surprise the reader not only with the ending but a few places along the way. Lastly I try and follow my heart and instincts to know what the reader would enjoy in the story, and keep them mesmerized and wanting more.

What is the hardest part of the book writing process?

For me the hardest part of writing has to be promotion. The writing and the ideas always seem to be there. When I put pen to paper I begin and can't stop. (I do write all my novels long hand). I am knew to all of this so the promoting is something I need to work on. Mostly I just want to share all I see in my mind with the readers out their and hopefully they can read my words and picture what I do. After all it is the reader's imagination that adds a lot to the book they are reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment